With Durga Puja arriving, we can comprehend that the festive season is around the corner. During the festive season sweet and savoury snacks like Namkeen Mathri, Kaju Barfi, Gulab Jamun are prepared. Haldiram’s Prabhuji brings to you the recipe of crispy and flaky salted mathri which can be relished during the evening with festive sweets and a cup of hot beverage.
- 1 cup of plain flour
- ¼ tsp ajwain or carom seeds
- ½ tsp jeera or cumin seeds
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- ½ tsp of kali mirch or black pepper
- 1 tbsp of melted ghee
- Combine all the above-mentioned ingredients in a bowl and knead it into a stiff dough using sufficient water.
- Divide the dough into 5 equal parts.
- Roll out one portion of dough into a circle.
- Pinch the edges of the rolled mathri to form a design.
- Prick the rolled out mathri with a fork at regular intervals.
- Repeat the same step about 3 to 6 times to make 5 to 6 more mathris.
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick pan and then deep fry the 3 mathris at the same time, on a medium flame for 7 to 8 minutes or till the mathris turn golden brown in colour on both sides.
- Drain the mathris on an absorbent piece of paper.
- Repeat the same step 7 to deep fry other mathris.
- Serve it hot or otherwise store it in an airtight container. Moreover, if you find it difficult to make Mathris at home then you can purchase the mathris online from Haldiram’s Prabhuji at discounted price. We at Haldiram’s Prabhuji exhibit Methi Mathri which is available online. Methi Mathri is a delectable form of Rajasthani snack which is relished with tea during the evening with friends and family. Haldiram’s Prabhuji Methi Mathri is infused with aromatic goodness of methi and jeera along with other codiments. Hence, this festive occasion if you are unable to prepare Mathris at home, then buy it online and bring home delectable Mathris to enjoy the crispy flavour.