1 cup of grated coconut
1 cup powdered jaggery
1 pinch of nutmeg
A pinch of saffron
For the shell:
1 cup rice flour
3 tsp ghee
1 cup water
1) Heat the pan, add grated coconut and powdered jaggery.
2) Stir for 5 minutes. Add nutmeg & saffron and mix thoroughly well.
3) Cook for 5 minutes more and keep the filling aside.
Preparation of overall Modak
1) In a pan, boil water and add ghee to it. Add salt and flour and mix well. Make sure no lumps are formed.
2) Cover the pan and cook until it is half done.
3) Spread ghee on the base of the bowl and knead the prepared mixture of the flour well into a dough.
4) Now once the dough is properly kneaded. Take a little dough, roll it into a ball, flatten it and give the edges the shape of a flour. Put a spoonful of filling into the dough and thoroughly seal it.
5) Now, put the dumpling in a muslin cloth and steam it for 15 to 20 minutes. Once done, serve hot.
Modak are sweet small flour dumplings offered to Lord Ganesha as prasad during the occasion of Ganesh Chaturthi. This highly appreciated sweet is also prepared during sankasti puja every month. Modak Sweet are available in different varieties like chocolate modak, kesar modak and kaju modak. Moreover, you can purchase different flavours of Modak online from Haldiram’s Prabhuji. Moreover, if you want to prepare modak at home, go through the modak recipe given above.
Otherwise, buy Modak online from Haldiram’s Prabhuji. Avail different flavours of Modak like chocolate modak, kesar modak and kaju modak from Haldiram’s Prabhuji at best price. Offer is valid for limited period. Buy now.